Given how inspirational a story FIGMENT's creation, development, and growth is, and also considering my deep expertise in marketing, I frequently speak at conferences and am often asked to give keynote speeches at gatherings and meetings. I have spoken at conferences and events for organizations including AIA, AAM, SMPS, IIDA, Maker Faire, Altitude Summit, ARC-US (Bond Events), TEDx, Parsons the New School for Design, and Columbia University.
By far, the best talk I have on the Internet for you to see (in terms of video production values) is my talk from TEDx Black Rock City (at Burning Man 2011). I've embedded this talk above. I'm trying to do a better job of getting good video of when I talk publicly.
Here are some highlights of talks I've given over the last few years:
- “Co-Creating Reality: Building Creative Platforms for Transformation,” NYC Maker Faire, Sept 2015
- “Embrace the Revolutionaries: How Real Innovation Happens,” ARC-Interiors, Naples, FL, Sept 2015
- “Community Engagement in Museums,” American Alliance of Museums – Atlanta, GA, April 2015
- “FIGMENT,” Closing Keynote at Alt.Summit, New York, NY, August 2012
- “Sense of Purpose: The New Reality for Architecture Firms & How Principals Need to Adapt,” ARC-Middle East Conference, Muscat, Oman, Sept 2011
- “Business Development Today: Using Modern Tools to Get More Work,” AIA National Conference, New Orleans, LA, May 2011
- “Marketing with a Purpose,” Build Capital: 2010 SMPS Southern Regional Conference, Austin, TX, Jan 2010
- “Burning Man: Planning and Evolution of the Temporary City,” Emerging New York Architects Committee (ENYA), AIA NY Chapter, Oct 2007
- “Bringing It All Back Home: Developing a Strategic Plan to Lead Your Firm to Success,” SMPS Northeast Regional Conference, Salem, MA, May 2007
- “Marketing Architecture in the 21st Century,” Columbia University, New York, NY, Oct 2006
Please let me know if you'd like to talk about me speaking at your next event. firstname.lastname@example.org.